Program Type:Health & Fitness
“A Matter of Balance” is an award-winning program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls. This evidence-based program is led by Dr. Karen Kemper and trained coaches from The Balance Lab at Clemson University. The class will meet once a week for nine sessions. Each class is two hours.
During sessions, you will learn to:
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set realistic goals for increasing activity
- Change environments to reduce risk factors
- Use exercise to increase strength and balance
Benefits of the class:
- Feel comfortable increasing activity and continuing exercising
- Feel more comfortable talking about fear of falling
- Meet new friends
- Provide support and encouragement to your peers
- Become more involved in your community and with your neighbors
More information is at The Balance Lab online.
Registration is required and participation must begin at the first session for this sequential program.
The library makes every effort to ensure our programs can be enjoyed by all. Please contact the library if you have any concerns about accessibility or need to inquire about specific accommodations.